The beet, also known as Beta Vulgaris , is a vegetable characterized, among many other things, by its powerful pink color. Although at first glance they may not look alike, they are part of the Quenopodiaceae family like chard or spinach.
It is believed that it began to be cultivated in the middle of the 2nd century BC, so our ancestors already enjoyed its benefits. Today its most important producers are Italy and France.
It is a food that divides the population: you either love it or hate it. Here we bring you a list of reasons why you will start to love her or fall in love with her even more.
If you want to know more about this unknown and controversial vegetable
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE FIND IN BEETS?
You will surely know the beet by its color, but what good things can it bring us besides a beautiful pink tone in dishes? Take paper and pencil and take notes:
- Among its benefits, its nitrate content stands out, which increases the production of nitric oxide, which dilates the arteries, improving circulation.
- It is an important source of minerals , such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and B vitamins .
- Its high iron content makes it a particularly recommended food for women both during menstruation and pregnancy, thus preventing them from suffering from anemia. We know that during the period a large amount of this mineral is lost and in the case of pregnant women, it constitutes a source of folic acid that can complement (always under the instructions of a specialized doctor) the supplements necessary for this beautiful stage. Read the full study here
- Despite its high nutritional density , it has a low calorie content so it is also suitable for people who want to control their weight.
- It also helps regulate intestinal transit since it has a large percentage of fiber.
- Due to its natural anti-inflammatory power, it is beneficial to avoid fluid retention.
- Beet has betaine and tryptophan , which makes it the perfect ally to also take care of mental health.
- Betalains are not only responsible for the striking color of this food but thanks to their high antioxidant content they can help our immune system because they bind to red blood cells and protect them from oxidative damage and their destruction.
- Helps lower blood pressure. See study here
- Preserves the endothelial function of our body. See study here
- Helps improve sports performance . Recent studies show that this improvement in performance in professional athletes is closely related to the increase in resistance provided by the nitric oxide that I mentioned in the first point, a powerful vasodilator that increases blood flow in the muscles and therefore the amount of oxygen. in them. See study here
Almost nothing, right?
HOW TO TAKE BEETS?
There are multiple ways to consume this food: you can eat it raw, boiled or steamed.
If you don't want it to lose many nutrients, you can cook it yourself completely with the skin and leaves included. It will be cleaned once cooking is finished. Although if you are one of those who does not like to get your hands dirty in the kitchen (pun intended due to its striking reddish color) you can buy it already boiled and packaged and add it to your favorite dishes: salads, smoothies, in vegetable creams or dressed with oil. olive and a little salt.
As you can see, it is a very easy food to include in our daily lives, so there is no excuse not to start taking it.
But... What if there was an even more comfortable way to take it?
We present the new PINK LATTE from Baïa Food , made with beets, and other ingredients that are very beneficial for health: pomegranate, ginger and organic coconut drink.
PINK LATTE: A LATTE TO BEAT BETTER
It is a drink made for those people concerned about taking care of their health in general and specifically their heart while enjoying a pleasant flavor of red fruits and hibiscus.
Thanks to our formulation, it will not only take care of the well-being of your heart but also, ginger will give you an extra anti-inflammatory touch and pomegranate will give you many antioxidants to prevent aging.
The best of all is that you can enjoy every sip while we take care of what is most important: your health.
As you may have seen, this is a healthy and delicious drink (we have done many tests to get its taste).
We have added pomegranate and ginger to improve its benefits.
If you want to be one of the first people to try it , you can sign up for our BAÏA BEST FRIENDS LIST and you will automatically access the pre-sale two days before the launch.
You can register until next Wednesday, February 10 since the pre-sale is on Friday and Saturday.
We are waiting for you inside!
PS: Do you have questions? We read you in the comments.